Week One Sum Up! Goodbye Portlandia, Hello Nottingham!
1. Embraced the topknot + red lipstick (like daily). Almost started a fire with my US blowdryer so I had to make due w/out for 6 days. I look pissed in this picture but it's really just because I'm working on my selfie game ;)
2. Reworked + relaunched this website! www.thesugarista.com is getting me all excited and has got the creative wheels a turning. I'm having so much fun dreaming up what I'd like to see this site become!
3. Been hanging out at the boxing gym that also appears to be where all the Nottingham bodybuilders work out at. I could get pretty buff if I keep this up, you just can't half ass a workout when you are 1. the only chick in the gym 2. there's signs everywhere like "why be fat and ugly, just be ugly" and "sweat like a pig to look like fox". This shot is of Richard and his brother sweatin' it up in the ring.
4. I live with my Italian again = fridge full of cheese and salami and olives Richard brought in from home = happy me!
5.There's a swan in the canal and he (or she) is pretty cool and likes fruit ;)
6. I found 3 tasty English Ales that aren't warm or weak! Traffic Street from Nottingham, this Freedom English Lager and Nobby's American Pale Ale! Winning!
7. Walked a lot! Peaked over lots of fences!
8. Found a really cool spot to rent a co-working desk at! It's located in a newly rehabbed building the historic city center that used be a lace factory way back when....it's just straight up cool! Check it! Cobden Place
9. Falling in love with my neighborhood.......the houses are incredible! This one's my favorite so far.
10. Overall so happy! Back with my sweetie and digging England! Nottingham definitely has a creative vibe and plenty of opportunities to get involved with small business/entrepreneurial culture. I was nervous as first, wondering how I would feel to be in away from the familiar. We all have a certain fire within us that can be stoked, smothered, doused or just struggle to stay burning. I think that my addiction (for reals) to busy-ness, doing and busting my ass sucked some of the oxygen out of my flame. I didn't know that until I got here. I can feel the space and excitement of new surroundings, people and opportunities start to burn something real good.
Thanks for reading! Missing all of you friends and so grateful for your enthusiasm :)